Monday, April 2, 2007

This Car Gets 100 Miles per Gallon- at 100 Miles per Hour!



Now this is cool. Who wouldn't want a car that can go 100 miles per hour, and get 100 miles per gallon? I know that would be my dream car. Well, that is after a sky blue 1965 Ford Mustang with a 289 V-8 engine. My old 1980 Honda Civic used to get around 45-50 mpg on the highway, but could do 100 mph only if the brakes had failed and I was going off the side of a mountain. but anyway . . .

The Venture is a three wheeled hybrid vehicle. Because it only has three wheels, it can't officially be called a car. Instead, it is classified as a motorcycle. Whatever! The body tilts while the wheels stay on the ground, which means it must be fun taking corners at high speed.

It has safety features like an airbag, side impact beams, etc. The engine is located in the rear, and while it is designed for two passengers, there's not much room to carry alot of gear or take the kids to soccer practice.

I like to see innovative designs like this. I hope this car gets off the ground. We need transport like this to help fight global warming and pollution. If I could get one of these babies now, me and the wife would be flying around the Lake Gardens in style!

More information on the Venture One cars is available at the Venture Vehicles website, or you can get the breaking news at their Blog.