Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Monitor Lizard and Monkeys in Motion

My teaching day was over, but I was walking back to school to run drama practice. There was a big monitor lizard eating the garbage the monkeys had pulled from the trash along the side of the road. When I went to take a picture of the monitor lizard, it slowly headed down the embankment to the river (the Sungai Buloh). I went to the edge of the trees, and snapped off the photo you see here. What I didn't know at the time, was that the camera was on automatic, and for some unknown reason, set an eight second shutter speed!



Then I noticed I was getting wet. There were a couple of juvenile long tailed macaques jumping up and down and shaking the trees to try to scare me off. So I took the next photo of them. This time the camera set a six second shutter time. These are the results- blurry surreal shots of the riverbank, and monkeys in motion in the trees!