Sunday, May 13, 2007

To My Mommy to Be


Today is Mother's Day. Even though she is not a mother yet, and won't be until sometime around the end of August, I want to thank God for giving me Trien as my wife.

Baby, you have truly made a huge amount of difference being in my life. When we first met, I never imagined that our relationship would ever turn out to be what it has become: a loving, nurturing, self-sustaining relationship with a sweet caring woman. We had a rough beginning after we first met, but we were able to put that behind us, and have the maturity and commitment to make things work.

I have said it to you before, and I know you don't really understand the depth of meaning these words have for me when I say them to you:
I Love You
&
I am so lucky that no other man never realized the treasure you are and married you before I met you.

Thank you, Baby, for being that one stable thing in my life that I can count on. Thank you for your hugs, your kisses, your caring for me, your concern, your support, and all those little things you do that show how much you love me.

I know I am not perfect, and I have many failings and shortcomings, but I promise that with God's help, I will do my best to be the type of husband you deserve, and be a good father to our unborn daughter.

Thanks for being in my life. Of all the many blessings God has poured into my life, none has been any more wonderful, or more needed, than you, and the wonderful gift of love you have given me.

With Humbleness of Soul and True Love in my Heart,

Your Husband John