Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pregnancy Report- Week 35

It's going to be soon. How soon, we don't know. During her latest checkup at Taiping General Hospital, the doctor told Trien, "Come back in two weeks. If you feel labor pains before then, then go right to the delivery room, don't come to the clinic." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems to say to me that he thinks that she might deliver before the next appointment. Trien and I both think that she isn't going to last until the August 30th due date. We both feel that the August 12th date estimated by Saras, the nurse who goes to our church, is more on target.

I feel like Christmas is right around the corner, but I'm not sure when it's going to come. It's like being a little kid again, when days and dates had no meaning. Like when you would ask your parents when your birthday was, or you were going on vacation, or something like that, and they would answer, "5 days", and you had no idea what that meant.

I already told my students that if I get a phone call, and run out of class without saying goodbye, the baby is coming and I'm going.

The baby is getting more active. As she does, Trien gets slower. We walked into town yesterday. Normally, it would take us about 15 minutes. yesterday it took us 45 minutes. My wife is a trouper, though, she kept going and didn't complain.

Soon. Real soon.
I can't wait.